What is Projoint Plus? Ingredients, Benefits, and Side Effects
What is ProJoint Plus?
What is ProJoint Plus, and how can it improve joint health? ProJoint Plus is a natural dietary supplement designed to support joint health. It is made with herbal extracts known for their potential health benefits that have been researched clinically.
As stated on the product label, ProJoint Plus can support users with:
- Cartilage health
- Joint health
- Joint mobility
Other key features of this supplement include a non-GMO and gluten-free formula.
ProJoint Plus is vegan friendly and free from harmful chemical or artificial additives.
It comes in the form of powdered capsules with vegetable cellulose gel caps.
The company that makes this supplement is Vita Balance Inc. It is a natural health and wellness company based in Richmond, Virginia.
ProJoint Plus contains a total of 8 unique herbal blends derived from clean and natural sources. Each ingredient is backed by scientific research and seeks to provide targeted action to help improve joint performance.
The ingredients, along with their specific benefits and total amount per serving (3 capsules a day), are listed below:
- Glucosamine Sulfate – 1500 mg: Aids the production of cartilage, ligament, and joint fluid needed for smooth joint function
- Boswellia Extract – 200 mg: An anti-inflammatory agent, provides joint pain relief
- Chondroitin Sulfate – 150 mg: Supports the growth of tissues that are often damaged in diseases like osteoarthritis
- Turmeric – 150 mg: Provides a range of benefits for joint flexibility
- Quercetin – 25 mg: Has useful antioxidant properties that support healthy joints
- Methionine – 25 mg: Promotes both joint and muscle health
- MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) – 25 mg: Speeds up the repair and recovery of damaged joints
- Bromelain – 25 mg: Works to control joint pain
The following section takes a more in-depth look at these ingredients and how they contribute towards holistic joint function.
According to research , supplemental glucosamine sulfate can slow down the rate of joint cartilage degeneration.
Cartilage breakdown  is often the leading cause of joint pain, friction, and stiffness, especially in patients with arthritis. The high amount of glucosamine sulfate in ProJoint Plus can improve the cushioning between joints.
Boswellia extract has strong anti-inflammatory properties. This fundamental property makes it useful in controlling joint pain due to autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
A study  published in the Journal of Phytomedicine found that people who took Boswellia extract reported decreased knee pain within a month.
Chondroitin sulfate is a structural component of cartilage and plays an integral role in joint function.
It is naturally present in the space between your joints. Supplemental chondroitin sulfate  can enhance the elasticity of joints. It is particularly useful in reducing the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
Turmeric is rich in a compound called curcumin, which is a powerful oxidizing and anti-inflammatory agent. Research  suggests that curcumin can benefit people with joint disorders that are common in old age.
In a 2016 study , researchers found that taking 100 mg of turmeric powder for 8 to 12 weeks helped reduce pain and inflammation in arthritic patients. The study concluded that supplemental turmeric could be a viable alternative for prescription painkillers such as ibuprofen.
Quercetin  is a pigment sourced from different flowering plants, but mainly Ginkgo biloba. It fights free radicals that are often responsible for joint pain due to chronic inflammation.
Studies  show that quercetin helps inhibit the production of a compound called cytokine. High levels of cytokine can lead to joint soreness and muscle stiffness, which elevates joint pain.
According to scientific research , methionine works with glucosamine sulfate to help control pain in various parts of the body. It can suppress the progression of arthritis while speeding up recovery after joint injuries.
Methionine also has a range of other health benefits . It helps regulate blood pressure, subdues allergies, and prevents the risk of colon and liver cancer.
MSM, short for methylsulfonylmethane, is a chemical naturally produced in the body. It is often used in dietary supplements  to provide relief from a wide array of symptoms and conditions. It can be useful in treating chronic joint pain that is accompanied by stiffness and soreness.
Bromelain is a unique extract obtained from pineapple.
It is a potent analgesic with an anti-inflammatory action that makes it useful for controlling joint pain.
A review of clinical studies  found that bromelain works effectively against soft tissue swelling that can give rise to joint pain.
The product label does not specify any possible side effects from the use of ProJoint Plus.
However, keep in mind that some people may experience drowsiness and diarrhea. The recommended daily dose of 3 capsules packs a load of nutrients. This dose can cause digestive problems, especially for those with a sensitive stomach.
Users are recommended to take the following precautions:
- Consult a physician before use – As with any natural health care product, you should consult a medical practitioner before using this supplement. The manufacturer disapproves of this product's use for people who have a known allergy to shellfish and, or glucosamine. You should also exercise caution if you are pregnant, nursing, have a known medical condition, or are taking any medicines or supplements in conjunction with this product.
- Keep out of reach of children – ProJoint Plus is designed for adult use only. It is not suitable for use in individuals under 18 years of age.
- Store in a cool, dry place – As with several other medical products, exposure to heat or direct sunlight can impact this supplement's potency. Therefore, keep your bottle of ProJoint Plus in a cool place that is free of moisture.
- Do not use if the safety seal is broken or missing – ProJoint Plus is made per GMP guidelines in an FDA-approved facility. As such, every bottle comes with a safety seal. A broken or missing seal could signify that the product has been tampered. Contact the supplier immediately if this happens.
Want to learn more about what this joint health supplement offers and see what customers have to say?
Check out our detailed ProJoint Plus review. Click Here